First, Jollibee came to Canada in December of 2016 and in February, Tim Hortons arrived in the Philippines. Last February 28th, Manilenos get to taste Canadian’s “double-double” coffee as Tim Hortons opened its first in the Philippines (as well as in Southeast Asia) at Uptown Place (Bonifacio Global City) in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig. Filipinos can now enjoy premium coffee, doughnut, muffins, wraps, sandwiches and other food products from Tim Hortons.
I saw the price of the products published by rappler.com, some people I know said that its a fair price, here they are:
- Timbits (each – P10, 10 pieces – P80, 20 pieces – P160, 50 pieces – P350)
- Iced Capp (small – P115, medium – P130, large – P145)
- Doughnuts (signature – P50 each, P255 for 6 pieces, P500 for 12 pieces; classic – P40 each, P200 for 6 pieces, P380 for 12 pieces)
- Steak and Cheese Panini (solo – P160, combo – P250)
- Crispy chicken sandwich (solo – P140, combo – P230)
- Chipotle chicken wrap (solo – P140, combo – P230)
- Muffins (P90 each – P450, 6 pieces – P890, 12 pieces
I know it’s a little bit late for this post but I feel that there’s a need for me to share this especially after seeing the commercial showing how my fellow Filipinos in Canada who were so excited to tell the news to their family and relatives in the Philippines about Tim Hortons. I can totally relate to the commercial, upon hearing the news that the iconic Canadian café and bakeshop is making its way to the Philippines, I suddenly felt that my distance of 6,933 miles from my home country was not too far anymore.
I don’t know why, but it feels like a part of me travelled to the Philippines with Tim Hortons. Maybe it’s because I once worked for Tim Hortons? Or maybe because a week will not pass without me getting a cup of my medium French Vanilla coffee with 3 ice cubes from my favorite Tim Hortons branch? Or maybe because I am excited to know that my friend and relatives will get to taste Timmy’s coffee and doughnut? But whatever the reason is, just like the people in the commercial I am just excited… and I wish just like them, I will also have the chance to enjoy coffee and doughnuts with my loved ones in the Philippines.
UPDATE: I found the link to the video, let me know what you think about it.
Here it is: